"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Monday, September 8, 2008

Why?

My apologies for yet another slowdown in blogging. No real reasons, just laziness mostly, and an inability to put some of the many things that so often swirl in my brain in a form that makes any sense to anyone not party to that inner conversation.
So to hold you over....

What is it with the apparent germophobes who can't touch a door handle like a 'normal' person? These people apparently need a paper towel to touch the door handle leaving the restrooms. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is then these same people just throw the paper towels in the floor. If you're that worried about cleanliness, then why are you the primary offender in creating random litter? Just carry it with you to the nearest trash can... Is it that hard?

-later...

3 comments:

Therese said...

OK - I've got a thing about bathroom door handles after seeing a few people rush out the door without washing...but I totally agree with the litter aspect. If cleanliness is good for the "door handle" person, it should be respected also for the next person who walks through the door by disposing of trash appropriately.

And speaking of which...here's my gripe: Why is it that some people don't consider cigarette butts trash? Why is it OK to toss these out car windows, leave them on playgrounds or in a pile in a parking lot? I've seen little kids put these in their mouths (ugh), I've had to extinguish still smoldering ashes and I panic each time someone flicks their lit butt out their car window right towards my gas-burning vehicle. I repeat your words: "Just carry it with you to the nearest trash can...is it that hard?"

Wow, I feel a lot better.

Your Friend Therese

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one. They leave the water running while they dry their hands and then turn the faucet off with the paper towel and also open the door. I'm just not that bothered by the whole thing - although it does gross me out when someone goes out without washing their hands!

Paul and DeeDee said...

I just wanted to say thank you to you and your wife. We continue to pray for your family and especially for little J.