"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Today was a day of more lies discovered...

We are not in PGN. We still aren't sure when we will be. The corrections supposedly done 2 weeks ago were not. Strangely enough, I'm just disappointed more than I am angry. With that said, here's to the analogies:

Adoption is like peanut butter:
Some people are allergic to it. Some people think it's yucky. Others can't get enough. It's always very sticky. Once you get stuck in it, it's hard to get out. It doesn't work for infants. It goes better with chocolate, or at least with a milkshake.

Adoption is like fishing:
Most days, you're just sitting, waiting, and waiting, and waiting for nothing. You often don't get what you were hoping for. You don't know what you're dealing with until you've pulled and pulled for a while. Not everyone is successful at it. Sometimes your line (of communication) breaks. And in honor of yet another disappointing update today, they both usually involve lots of tall tales about what really happened.

More to come later. If I wrote all of them now, you might not come back...
Thanks for your prayers, and I hope you are all well.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the analogies! And I'm ready to get out of the boat any day....lol...
d;)

Anonymous said...

You know that it is a sticky time but remeber that God is bigger than anything and can make things happen that we think is impossible

Maybe it is time we start a prayer chain at our churches and work