Sorry I haven't written much lately. I've been trying to lay off hounding the agency for a few days after a very trying week last week. With that said, I suppose I haven't posted much because the more I think about the adoption, the more I just want to demand explanations from them. We still have heard no explanation for the most recent apparent delay in our resubmission. Tomorrow will be a week since I last really asked, so I think it's time for some answers.
As a lovely backdrop to our own little mini-drama with just getting back in PGN, we're still dealing with the announcements of a likely shutdown/suspension of ALL Guatemala adoptions as of 1/1/08. Then today, the announcement came that the Congress in Guatemala passed the laws to definitely pave the way for this shutdown.
As if that still wasn't enough, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, (which I had never actually watched before) did a lengthy story on the problems in Guatemalan adoptions. It's a nasty time folks. It really is. There are serious problems, but some of these so-called 'solutions' may be worse.
I couldn't even begin to try and explain it all on one post, but where I go for reliable info is still www.guatadopt.com. They are honest, open, and try not to panic folks. For some more info, you
can try 5000orphans.com - which is specifically addressing the current crisis.
I'll get to the analogies soon. I just have a few more pressing issues to handle first. I need answers from those who are supposed to be 'guiding' me in this process.
Thank you all for your interest and prayers. They are definitely needed now as much as ever.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment