or evenings at least. Tonight was one of those nights when I looked into the eyes of my boy, and my heart hurt for him. For whatever reason, at supper tonight at church, he just couldn't seem to handle it. He kicked, screamed (a lot), and threw things. Parts of it are 'normal' toddler issues I'm sure, but my gut also said my boy is grieving a bit. Weird thing is, with him there throwing a fit in my arms, I am fairly certain many folks were looking, but even as I thought about it, I didn't care. I didn't really even look to find out. I just kept looking at my boy and quietly telling him I loved him. Was I frustrated? Absolutely! but somehow, I didn't matter so much. I knew I just needed to keep quiet and calm for him. It's hard to describe as it was sort of surreal. He's such an awesome kid. I'm happy to say that even though he had several more bouts of intense crying, once we made it home, he and I had a lot of fun. I needed some stuff at wal-mart, but that was best left for another time. We just came home and continued to play and talk and laugh. He so loves to laugh.
My apologies for a bit of a ramble, especially after a bit of a hiatus. It's just that lately nothing seems to stop. There's more to do than can be done at times, and at others I'm still too tired to do what can, so blogging is left a little behind.
To my friends there in blogland, just know that your struggles, whatever they may be and however visible they may be or not be, are real, but there are people out there who love you, and pray for you daily.
In fact, there's also a Heavenly Father holding you in his arms whispering, shhh. I love you. shhh. I love you forever....
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an amazing blessing for your sweet boy that he has parents who can absorb his grief and frustration and reflect so much love back.
And thank you for the reminder that we all have a Heavenly Parent who will do the same for us.
My heart aches for what J must be going through, he has to mesh toddlerhood with dealing with feelings that many adults probably can't handle.
Our family's prayers are with you and we think of you often.
Therese
Post a Comment