"It is unfortunate," Schwarzenegger said. "But it is not the end because I
think this will go back into the courts. ... It's the same as in the 1948
case when blacks and whites were not allowed to marry. This falls into the
same category."
He is not the only one to draw this comparison, but was the most recent I saw. There is no way this falls in the same category. Homosexuality is a choice. Race is not a choice. They are not the same. Maybe there are other arguments you could make, but this one is ridiculous...
2 comments:
I don't know how you can boldly say that homosexuality is a choice. Being open and living as a homosexual is a hard life and I'm sure not one that anyone would choose. Have you ever sat down and talked with someone that is gay or are you simply forming opinions without merit?
I know what you are saying. Being Gay is something that cannot be seen on the outside such as race. Practicing or not practicing the homosexual lifestyle is a choice. People cannot choose what race they want to belong to while homosexuals can choose to marry heterosexuals and have children. I'd say there are choices that can be made on one side but not the other.
Good post!
Post a Comment