We got kicked out again. The agency let us know today. Everything seems so far away these days that I wasn't really that shocked by it. I have pretty much given up on trying to estimate any kind of timeline. If it's going to happen, it will happen whenever it does. There's nothing we can really do about it anyway. Talking to the agency is a definite dead end.
As a little follow up on my last post, I emailed the international director Thursday morning. I talked in length about how we weren't feeling supported and empathized with. I said truthfully that I wasn't as upset about what has happened in our case as I am about how it has happened. That is, them constantly being wrong about what they're telling us, and never expressing any empathy. His response, which came Friday morning, was that he started a response, but was leaving on a trip that day, and we would have to wait until Monday. (No I'm sorry included). Actions I guess do speak louder than words. In some ways I felt better as I basically decided they were useless anyway. Other than give us the information, they can't/don't/won't do anything to really be helpful. I'm sure he would have responded Monday, but I wrote him early to say not to. I didn't want him to say anything that would upset me more. I will probably explore some of this with them again in the end, but will try to just hold it until then if I can.
They really don't care what I have to say anyway.
Sorry not to have written more lately. Nanny was here this week so we spent time with her. I've also been reading book 7 with the rest of the world.
Other than that, I'm just tired. It's been so long and we're just so disconnected from any reality of this adoption now, that numb is probably the best description for it.
Hope all of you are well. Keep praying as admittedly I'm in one of those patches where I don't know how to very well.
Thanks again, -Tim
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is really unbelievable-like a bad nightmare! We love you and are so blessed to have you as part of our family. Hold on for our week at Wild Dunes--a change of scenery I think will be good for all of you and what better place. Love Nanny
Post a Comment