"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Honestly, some days I hate this crap...

Our agency still seems totally and utterly incompetent to provide us with any viable information from Guatemala and specifically our attorney. They don't really have any explanation why either. (I would offer up the thought of they're not really trying!) Even what they did say was that they're scheduled to speak to mystery woman (as referenced in a prior post) tomorrow, hoping she's heard from the attorney. Here's a stupid question: Why not talk to the attorney directly? Probably because it seems he doesn't respond either, even though for months and months they kept telling us how great he was, but still, shouldn't you continue to try?

In our fairly long conversation this afternoon, one of the things they brought up again as they almost always do, is that they chose these people to ensure everything was done ethically in Guatemala. I asked them when did ethics on our side of the case begin to matter, too. The international director here in town was describing it pretty much as if a little lie here and there to us was fine as long as nobody was being bribed, children weren't being bought, etc.
I'm honestly not sure if I even respect any of them much any more, much less trust them.

Sorry to be blunt again, but given that with a new DOS warning today pretty much saying any case not already done by Dec 31, 2007 had no guarantees at all, knowing my agency and attorney are crap leaves me pretty frustrated.

Edited a little later for those of you working with our agencies: Please don't hear me saying this is or will be your experience. Most of you have a different attorney, which if I may say, you should be thankful for. However, this indeed has been my own personal experience, and I just have to get it out sometimes. Thanks! - Tim.

No comments: