"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Sunday, September 2, 2007

In the dark...

I'm not having a pity party, but I'm just hating that for about the past 7 months, we've really known very little about our adoption. We've had so many problems, but they really haven't been able to ever tell us that much about them. It doesn't happen as much anymore, but when we really started this mess, there were entire processes that didn't take 7 months total. This last 7 months was after the 8 months we took to get to that point. We're doing okay, but it really is frustrating.

I never really said that much about my Thursday meeting with my local agency's executive director. It was long, and my feelings are pretty mixed. Not too many surprises, but it definitely didn't instill a lot more confidence in me, especially in the intermediate agency. I'm still digesting some of it.

No comments: