"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

going insane...

round 2 is down as today was the rest of the birthday celebrations. it was fun, but we're going a bit insane around here. I'm nearly numb and nauseous from the anxiety of waiting and wondering. the worst may be that everyone else I tend to check in on seems to be in a similar state of not really hearing anything definite over the past few days/weeks. I'm still praying for you all as well.

there is some other stuff I'd like to discuss, but I'm not sure I have the energy and focus it would deserve. it also probably isn't in my personal best interest at this time, given my already greatly strained relationships with those we're working with in this process.

If you didn't happen to know, it seems a new adoption law did pass today in Guatemala. From first glance though, it doesn't really seem anyone knows much more than they did before about what all it might really mean going forward from here. There are tons of unanswered and unaddressed questions within it.
I am very torn, as on one hand, our process has shown me many dark sides of this adoption 'business' (for that is exactly what it is and nothing more to almost everyone involved but the parents). Some of you may not see it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Something has to change! However, I deeply love Guatemala and know there is great need there, and not just for the children themselves.

1 comment:

The Wilkens Family said...

Keep hanging in there! I was completely out of my mind yesterday waiting on word about the vote!