First, some good news, my mom had some follow up scans related to her lymphoma treatment last year and all was well. She was able to go ahead and start her maintenance chemo today which she said went well.
Second, more crazy news related to the adoption. See my wife's blog for the details, but we're still waiting to get back in PGN. The social worker 'may' go ahead and sign off on what is needed, but if not will reportedly go this weekend to do the interview. (She basically said the same thing last week too, so who knows.)
Lastly, still thinking about some other things to write about.... I've been reading some in Job over the last few weeks. Do you think that Job's wife not being killed along with the rest of his family has to do with 'two becoming one'? Just a thought.
I'm definitely not claiming to be like Job. However, one of the interesting things to me about the book, which can be a bit confusing to read I would say, is that the friends do say some things that make sense. However, as God points out quite severely in the end, they're extremely wrong. Sometimes the adoption feels a little like that. It feels like there would be folks who would insist that we're just not praying enough or doing something to impede our progress. Again, like Job's friends, that could make sense, but I'm pretty sure that isn't it. Anyway, glad to know God is still in charge. He really is the ruler of the universe. It's still hard, but I have to trust in that.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment