That's right, a 2 for 1 special tonight. One click, two posts. The other just didn't fit here, but was something I wanted to say. The rest also probably doesn't fit together either, but oh well, here goes.
First, keep praying for our sweet boy and for us as his parents, and A as his sister. Really, we are doing very well, but at the same time, we are still struggling. Some things are subtle. You might not see them, but we do. It seems like lately some of it I would describe as peeling back layers, a little at the time. Some of what we see now, if I think back, was there all along, but because there were more obvious things needing immediate attention, I couldn't really see it yet. As we take positive steps here, I see more needs there. It's also not a steady forward progression either. Just like the process before (and really life in general), we still have the ups and downs. Sometimes it seems like one step forward, two steps back. But, I love him more than I could describe. Eating dinner tonight, I was just struck again with how beautiful he really is, and what great children I have. A is such a great sister. She's loving having someone to teach things to, and he follows her lead so sweetly more often than not.
Second, please pray for so many families still struggling right now in the process. Their stories cover the entire range of possibilities. Several dear friends have known for months they wouldn't bring children home from Guatemala under the old processes. Others are in complete limbo as people needed to complete the process are missing. If they aren't found, no one really knows what might happen. Others are stuck here and there in various different parts of government bureaucracy. Perhaps worst of all, though, is that many of these have to live through this in fear. Not fear of the process itself, but fear of the ones who were and are supposed to help them along this path. Fear of the ones who they are paying so much money to be their guides. Fear of the care their children are getting because some decisions seem to be based more on money for those people or their other plans than what is best for the children. Fear of people who call themselves Christian, but very often do not show it in their actions. Fear of what those people might do if you simply ask a question and certainly what might happen if you stand up to them. It's a tough place to be. I was there, and to some degree still am at times.
That obviously isn't a popular thing to say. Guess what? I was never really that popular anyway. I'm used to it. I have done some 'soul-searching' for lack of a better term recently about if and what I should talk about lately regarding all that happened to us and things still happening. I'm still working it out, but after some personal fervent prayer during Sunday School prayer time yesterday, our lesson crossed over this verse. Acts 4:20.
Friends, my prayers are with you. You're not alone.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Many prayers for your sweet boy and his terrific big sister. I thank God for the gift of parental instinct. Trusting it and following it is one of the best things we can do for our kids!
Thanks for standing up for those of us who must be silent for the moment. Our voices will join yours as soon as we are able! In the meantime thanks for your prayers!
yft
Post a Comment