Everyone likes to use the analogy that adoption is a roller coaster of emotions. That is indeed true. However, I think something is wrong with our roller coaster. The brakes in the station seem to be out. We just keep going round and round, up and down, twisting and turning, upside down, side to side, and everytime in the past it has seemed we may be near the end of the ride, something happens, and we seem to fly right by without ever slowing down. Then of course, we get back to the 'big hill', where we crawl and crawl and crawl and crawl and crawl and crawl up the hill. Then when we do get going again, it's the up and down, round and round, upside down, over and under, side to side all over again. Only to fly right by the stop again and start back up the hill.
I love roller coasters, I really do. In my (much) younger days, I rode the Mindbender (now called the Riddler I think) at Six Flags like 6 times in a row. It wasn't crowded, and once they actually let us just stay on, but the others we were literally just getting right back in line. However, there towards the end, I was definitely feeling pretty woozy.
It's kind of like that some days here lately. I just want off this ride, or I think I'm going to throw up.
Keep praying for us, and for the overall situation in Guatemala, too. It seems like everytime I visit our forum, there's yet another scary story there. -Tim.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment