"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Irony

I haven't written much lately. I apologize for that. I've been trying to get the 'kick me' sign off my back. Seems like more and more these days I understand the old adage about 'when it rains, it pours'. Our yard is a literal jungle. I knew I needed new tires for the wife's truck, but it was one of those where the tires wound up not even being the most expensive part of the venture. It had to be done because we were going to take it on our vacation trip. Then, Friday afternoon before we were leaving early Saturday, brake warning lights came on. (It's safe, we had it checked, but still will have to eventually deal with it). Then on vacation, my sweet daughter gets sick and runs a fever 3 days (though she never seemed to feel too bad). We get back and now the air conditioner at home is out of commission. During all this, the adoption of course is completely stalled out it seems, and they are still feeding us excuses and lies. If there is a problem, I can deal with that, just don't lie to me about it.

So why call this post 'Irony'. Well, there was one bright spot I guess yesterday as we were escaping the sauna that was our house. I won the 'catch of the day' on our local Christian radio station. My wife thinks it's silly how lucky I am at that, because I usually win something on the radio at least a few times a year. Of course as you can see above, my luck in anything meaningful is rotten. Which brings me to the irony I guess: the song I won for identifying and being the right caller was 'Give Until There's Nothing Left'. Go figure...

No comments: