"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant." - Helen Keller

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Don't ask, Don't tell...

Sometimes I think that's the policy of our 2nd agency, the one in the middle with the direct contact to Guatemala. They don't want to ask the attorney any questions, because they don't really want to know what's going on. As long as he doesn't tell them about it, he can do whatever, and they're hands stay clean. That's a pretty pitiful ethics policy for them, just as it was for our US military back quite some years ago when the phrase became well known. It's really no policy at all. I'm not saying I really think anything's going on, it just has been frustrating so many times not to know.

However, one day as I was thinking about that, I have to say something else came to my mind. I was a bit convicted that I and it seems possibly many others use this same type of 'policy' in our willingness to share our faith. As long as no one asks, we don't tell them about our faith. We tell ourselves it's okay, because we don't want to force it on anybody, right? Honestly, though, I'm not sure I have even taken every opportunity when someone did ask me a question. No, I don't think I've ever denied my faith in Jesus Christ, but I think I've certainly missed some chances to say more.

Well, here it is for those of you reading this. Do you realize what God and His Son Jesus did for you? In this adoption process, I hope you realize that I would literally do ALMOST anything for my adopted son Joseph. I say almost, because as much as I love Joseph, I don't think I could give my daughter for him, just as once Joseph is here, I wouldn't give him for her or anyone else. BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD DID FOR US!!! He gave HIS ONLY SON JESUS. He sent Him to die for you and us, then Jesus rose from the grave to live forevermore, that we might become adopted children of God. He didn't have to, but He did, because He loves me and He loves you that much. He chose each of us. He wants to give us a hope and a peace and a life with Him forevermore.

More and more as we walk this road, there are people watching us. (You are reading this aren't you?) I don't want our struggles to have been in vain, or to miss a chance to tell you how I've made it even this far. Jesus is the answer.

I won't lie and say it hasn't been hard, or that I have enjoyed it all, or that I haven't failed miserably even today to be worthy of Jesus' love, just out of sheer frustration. You know what though, I don't have to be worthy. He is. And He still loves me and forgives me each time I ask. He will you too. If anyone reading this ever wants to talk to me further about it, just let me know. I'll get in contact however I need to.

I'm praying as I write this for the peace of God that passes all understanding, both for my family and yours. In the words of my sweet 3 year old daughter that I so needed to hear today, remember, 'God will heal your heart.'

I hope this finds you well, and I covet your prayers. -Tim

No comments: