A coworker who is also adopting has a sign that states, Adoption - Love in Action. These days I think I could 'edit' that a bit to say Adoption - Agencies Love inaction. Silly I know, but, hey, something has to keep us going, right?
Still don't know much more about why we're kicked out of PGN right now. They still haven't said what form it is, but today said they believe it's related to a translator's signature.
This repeated popping up of translator issues is a little worrisome. I just don't know what's going on. That is of course compounded by the fact that the agency likes to be extremely vague and cryptic about everything they answer. I'm starting to think perhaps I should hire a translator myself who speaks 'Adoption Agency'. Anybody know where to find that? I'm not sure even 'google' could handle that request.
Just for illustration, there is a particular lady in Guatemala who it seems of late is pretty much doing anything that is being done on our case. She's kind of the only name we hear anymore. HOWEVER, despite directly asking probably at least a dozen times over the phone, e-mail, and in person, we still don't know really who this person is. She's not our attorney, she doesn't work at the orphanage, she doesn't work at the agency. We just really don't know who she is, and they won't really say. They skirt the question usually. The closest thing we ever got to a real answer is when they said they call her 'the headhunter'. (No lie!). As they put it, she just gets things done. But WHO IS SHE? What's her title? Who's writing her check? Not that I'm not thankful for her, or that it really matters, but it's just weird that she's working on this, is the main name I hear, and I still have no idea who she is or why.
Have a great night. Hope you all are well. Keep asking questions! I definitely will.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our son, Drew came home in June from EN. Unfortunately, we had the same atty as you. My heart truly hearts for you and Erin. I pray for you guys all the time and I pray God will bring Joseph home soon. Having a son close to your heart yet so far away is difficult.
I read your post and wondered if this lady is named Bella? Just curious. When the caregivers brought Drew to us they hadn't been given the papers from the atty. Imagine that?!?! Anyway, a lady named Bella from his office (we are assuming) brought the papers to us.
Keep us posted!
Shelly
Post a Comment